Due to technical limitations, Truecaller requires at least 3G or WiFi connection for Caller ID to function.
Important settings you need to enable:
- Make sure ’Show notifications’ is turned on in your Phone Settings -> Application manager > Truecaller.
- Enable "draw over apps". Go to your phone settings, tap on the search icon and type draw and toggle it on. Note, it may be named "Apps that can appear on top" in newer devices.
Settings for specific devices:
- Samsung devices tap here
- Xiaomi devices tap here
- OnePlus devices tap here
- VIVO devices - tap here
- Huawei devices - tap here
Other settings which may prevent caller id to function:
- OS 6.0 users: Go to your phone settings > Sound & Notification > App notification or Notification access > find Truecaller and enable.
- Go to Security > Auto start > Enable Truecaller
- Go to Security > Permissions > Permissions > Truecaller > Display pop-up window > Accept
- Go to Notifications > Manage Notifications > Truecaller > Show Floating Notifications
- Go to Power management > Background app management > Enable our apps.
- Go to Notification Manager > Dropzone > Truecaller - Enable.
If the issue persists please contact us and share the device model so we can investigate further.