Due to technical limitations, Truecaller requires at least 3G or WiFi connection for Caller ID to function.
For OS 8.0, Oreo:
- Enable "draw over apps" by navigating to your phone settings, tap on the search icon and type draw to find the setting.
Important settings you need to enable:-
- Enable "draw over apps". Go to your phone settings, tap on the search icon and type draw and toggle it on. Note, it may be named "Apps that can appear on top" in newer devices.
- Make sure ’Show notifications’ is enabled in your Phone Settings -> Application manager > Truecaller.
Additional phone settings which may prevent caller id to function:
- Samsung devices tap here
- Xiaomi devices tap here
- OnePlus devices - Go to your Phone settings > Battery > Battery optimisation "enable"
- OS 6.0 users - Settings > Sound & Notification > App notification or Notification access > find Truecaller and enable.
- Go to Security > Auto start > Enable Truecaller
- Go to Security > Permissions > Permissions > Truecaller > Display pop-up window > Accept
- Go to Notifications > Manage Notifications > Truecaller > Show Floating Notifications
- Go to Power management > Background app management > Enable our apps.
- Go to Notification Manager > Dropzone > Truecaller - Enable.
- Go to Phone settings > Apps > Truecaller >Notifications > Allow Notifications.
If the issue persists please contact us and share the device model so we can investigate further.