Due to technical limitations, Truecaller requires at least 3G or WiFi connection for Caller ID to function.
New full-screen CallerID has been launched! Tap here to know more
Important settings you need to enable:
- Make sure ’Show notifications’ is toggled on in your Phone Settings -> Applications > Truecaller.
- Enable "Draw over apps". Go to your phone settings -> apps -> Truecaller.
Settings for specific phone models:
- Samsung devices tap here
- Xiaomi devices tap here
- OnePlus devices tap here
- VIVO devices - tap here
- Huawei devices - tap here
Other settings which may prevent caller id to function:
- OS 6.0 users: Go to your phone settings > Sound & Notification > App notification or Notification access > find Truecaller and enable.
- Go to Security > Auto start > Enable Truecaller
- Go to Security > Permissions > Permissions > Truecaller > Display pop-up window > Accept
- Go to Notifications > Manage Notifications > Truecaller > Show Floating Notifications
- Go to Power management > Background app management > Enable our apps.
- Go to Notification Manager > Dropzone > Truecaller - Enable.
CallerId not working after Android OS upgrade
If your phone has recently been updated to a newer Android version and Caller ID stopped working, it might be a good idea to try these troubleshooting steps again as some settings/permissions could have been reset or revoked during the Android update process.
If the issue persists, please contact us and share the device model so we can investigate further.