When you download Truecaller from Google Play, Truecaller needs access to certain capabilities to provide you with a richer experience.
Here are the required permissions and a short description of why we require them.
- Receive/Read your text messages (SMS or MMS): Required to identify the sender. We never look at the content, only the number in order to identify the sender.
- Read call log: Required to provide with caller id and our inbuilt smart dialer.
- Full network access: Required to communicate with Truecaller servers and perform searches.
- Location: This is required in order to share location via SMS, but also to regionalize the top spammer list.
- Camera: To attach pictures to MMS, scanning feature and to snap a profile photo directly instead of choosing from the gallery, but also for our payment feature 'Scan and Pay'.
- Contact access: This is required in order for you to be able to access your contact list/phonebook from the app.
- View network and Wi-Fi connections: Required to check if the device has an active connection.
- Receive data from Internet: Required to receive push notifications.
- Directly call phone numbers: Required to perform calls directly from Truecaller.
- Read phone status and identity: Required to detect EVENTS like incoming calls, answering calls and ending calls.
- Reroute outgoing calls: Required to perform searches during outgoing calls.
- Modify phone state: Required to block calls and SMS from spammers.
- Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage: Required to save the PROFILE picture together with the ones of the other found people.
- Disable your screen lock and prevent the device from sleeping: Required to show the Caller Id window during INCOMING calls and to receive push notifications when the device has the screen locked.
- Modify your contacts: Required to save/edit contacts in the phone book.
- Microphone: Required in order to record audio (call recorder feature)
If you have any questions tap here to contact us.