You need a Nokia Lumia device to use Caller ID. Incoming Caller ID unfortunately doesn’t work on other devices due to restrictions by the Windows Phone platform.
Make sure you have the following on your Lumia device:
- Windows Phone 8.1
- For more information about upgrading to Windows Phone 8.1 go to http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/basics/how-do-i-update-my-phone-software
- Lumia Cyan update, or higher
- To check if it’s available in your country and information on how to update, go to http://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/
- Latest version of ’network +’
- To upgrade it to the latest version, go to http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=62f172d1-f552-4749-871c-2afd1c95c245
- In Truecaller, go to Settings > Caller ID and enable this functionality.
You must be connected to a WiFi or 3G network during an incoming call for Caller ID to work.
When a number that is not saved in your phonebook calls you, Truecaller will display the name of the caller under the phone number within a few seconds upon receiving a call. After the call, you get a notification displaying the caller’s name. Click on it to see more details about the caller.