When you download Truecaller from Apple App Store, Truecaller needs access to certain capabilities to provide you with a richer experience.
Here are the required permissions and a short description of why we require them.
- Location: Share your Location via Flash Messages with other Truecaller users
- Camera: Used to choose and edit your profile picture
- Contact access:Allows you to view, add or edit your contact book in the app. Also, Truecaller creates a contact in your phonebook with your region’s top spammers. If a number calls from that list, Truecaller warns you. Note, we never upload your phonebook to make it public. It is against Apple's guidelines.
- Background App refresh: It allows the app to automatically refresh content in the background.
- Mobile Data: Truecaller will use mobile data to function when not connected to WiFi