Important: In some countries, it's a legal requirement to inform or obtain consent before recording a call and in certain countries, it may not be allowed. By using this feature you accept responsibility for complying with applicable laws.
Call recorder is finally here. It's a feature request which we see every day so we had to add it to our lovely customers, you name it and we deliver!
Start by enabling the call recorder feature by going to Truecallers settings: Press on the three-line menu on the upper left corner -> settings -> Call recordings -> toggle on 'Record calls' - see screenshot.
Where can I find my recordings?
In the menu > Call Recordings.
Where are the recordings saved?
- The recordings are saved on the users' devices only. They are not uploaded to Truecaller's servers. Truecaller does not read/process your recordings.
Why do you need new permissions?
- We need RECORD_AUDIO to record audio. We need STORAGE permission to store the recording to external storage.
How do I know if it's supported on my device?
- You can use the 14-day free trial to confirm before purchasing the Premium package.
Is it possible to backup my call recordings?
- No, not at the being.
Call recording stopped after the latest Android upgrade. What to do?
- OS upgrades sometimes interfere with of our recording configuration. Try to re-install Truecaller, it should work fine after that.
Call recording does not work after inactivity
- Visit this page and adjust your phone power settings.
Can I move my call recordings to my SD-Card?
- No, not at the time being. Coming soon.
What versions and platforms are supported?
- Only for Android starting from OS 5.0 and above only.
- For Android 7.1.1 devices – note that the first 5 seconds of the call will not be recorded. After that they are recorded, this is due to technical limitations on Android.
- Recording via Bluetooth may not always work. It is recommended to record directly for best results. This is because some hardware does not support recording.
- It's only supported for Android.
- If call recording is behaving flaky try to uninstall other call recording apps then try again.
- If the recording is for a very long time, the recording file is created but it may not be playable in the after call screen.
Will the call recording feature work on my device?
Call recorder is not supported on the following devices:
(We cannot ensure you that it will work on devices that are rooted or on custom rom)
- Nexus devices
- Pixel devices
- Motorola G4
- iPhone devices
Outgoing calls are not recorded in 'auto-record' mode?
(This is due to an issue specific to the device and nothing we can rectify)
- Oppo A57