Important: In some countries, it's a legal requirement to inform or obtain consent before recording a call and in certain countries, it may not be allowed. By using this feature you accept responsibility for complying with applicable laws.
Note! Call recorder is not supported Android 9. You can read more about it here.
Start by enabling the call recorder feature by going to Truecallers settings:-
1. Press on the three-line menu on the upper left corner
2. Settings -> Call recordings -> toggle on 'Record calls' - see screenshot.
Where can I find my recordings?
In the Truecaller menu -> Call Recordings
Where are the recordings saved?
- The recordings are saved and stored on your devices (folder name is "TCCalls"). Please note that they are not uploaded to Truecaller's servers. Truecaller does not read/process your recordings. (Google Drive support is coming soon)
Can I move my call recordings to my SD-Card?
- No, not at the time being, coming soon.
Is it possible to backup my call recordings?
- No, not at the time being.
Why do you need new permissions?
- We need RECORD_AUDIO to record audio, and STORAGE permission to store the recording to external storage.
How do I know if it's supported on my device?
- You can subscribe to our Premium package and use the 3-day trial in order to verify if it'äs working.
- You cannot play or access your saved recordings if you stopped subscription within the 3-day trial period. Upgrade to Premium in order to access them.
What OS versions and platforms are supported?
- Android only, starting from OS 5.0 and above.
- Call recorder is not supported Android 9. You can read more about it here.
Which devices are not supported?
(We cannot ensure you that it will work on devices that are rooted or on custom rom)
- Nexus devices
- Pixel devices
- Motorola G4
- Motorola devices on OS 8.1
- Xiaomi Red MI Note 5 on OS 8.1
- iPhone devices
- OS 9 devices
Will the call recording feature work on my device?
Call recording stopped after the latest Android upgrade. What to do?
- OS upgrades sometimes interfere with our recording configuration. Try to re-install Truecaller, it should work fine after that. Tips! Make a backup before you re-install
Call recording does not work after inactivity?
- Visit this page and adjust your phone power settings. Shall work after that.
- For Android 7.1.1 devices – Note! The first 5 seconds of the call will not be recorded due to technical limitations on Android OS 7.1.1.
- Recording via Bluetooth may not always work. It is recommended to record directly for best results. This is because some hardware does not support recording.
- The other person will NOT know that you are recording the call
- It's only supported for Android.
- If call recording is behaving flaky try to uninstall other call recording apps then try again.
- If the recording is for a very long time, the recording file is created but it may not be playable in the after call screen.
(This is due to an issue specific to the device and nothing we can rectify)
- Oppo A57