Important: In some countries, it's a legal requirement to inform or obtain consent before recording a call and in certain countries, it may not be allowed. By using this feature you accept responsibility for complying with applicable laws.
Call recorder is finally here. It's a feature request which we see every day so it's not a question to not add it, you name it and we deliver!
Start by enabling the call recorder feature by going to Truecallers settings (press on the three-line menu on the upper left corner -> settings) -> Truecaller call recording -> enable "Record calls" - screenshot as reference.
Where can I find my recordings?
In the menu > Call Recordings.
Where are the recordings saved?
- The recordings are saved on the users' devices only. They are not uploaded to Truecaller's servers. Truecaller does not read / process your recordings. We respect your privacy.
Why do you need new permissions?
- We need RECORD_AUDIO to record audio. We need STORAGE permission to store the recording to external storage.
How do I know if it's supported on my device?
- You can use the 14-day free trial to confirm before purchasing the Premium package.
Is it possible to backup my call recordings?
- No, not at the being.
Call recording stopped after the latest Android upgrade. What to do?
- OS upgrades sometimes interfere with of our recording configuration. Try to re-install Truecaller, it should work fine after that.
Call recording does not work after inactivity
- Visit this page and adjust your phone power settings.
Can I move my call recordings to my SD-Card?
- No, not at the time being. Coming soon.
What versions and platforms are supported?
- For Android, 5.0 and above only.
How do I know if my phone is supported?
- You can use the 14-day free trial to confirm.
- It's only supported for Android.
- It's not yet possible to move your recordings to your SD-card, coming soon!
- If call recording is behaving flaky try to uninstall other call recording apps then try again.
- Recording via Bluetooth may not always work. It is recommended to record directly for best results. This is because some hardware does not support recording.
- Some of the recording files can be large (we aim to fix it in the next few weeks).
- If the recording is for a very long time, the recording file is created but it may not be playable in the after call screen.
Will the call recording feature work on my device?
Call recording should work for 90% of current Android devices on the market. We have tested this on some of the more common brands and are continuing on testings more as we move along. If it does not work for you, please let us know the device and Android version details and we will investigate a fix.
- Samsung Galaxy S8, S9, S9+
- Huawei P10 Plus
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
- Oppo F1s
- Oppo A57 (Automatic mode may be glitchy)
- Vivo 1713
- LG G5
- Samsung J7 6.0.1
- Samsung J2
- Samsung J7 MAX
- Wileyfox Swift 2
- Intex Aqua Lions X1+
Devices call recorder is not supported on:
- Nexus devices
- Pixel devices
- All Android 7.1.1 devices
- Motorola G4