1. What is the Video Caller ID feature?
Video Caller ID is a feature that enables you to show your Video Caller ID when you call your contacts. It makes your calling experience more personalised and unique.
2. Who will see my Video Caller ID?
Video Caller ID will be shown to contacts on incoming calls.
3. Where will my Video Caller ID be shown?
Your contacts will see your Video caller ID in Full Screen Caller ID or Pop-up Caller ID. Also they will be visible in Full screen After call screen or Pop-up After call Screen.
4. Is Video Caller ID a premium feature?
No, this feature is available for all Truecaller Android users.
5. On which OS versions this feature is available?
For Android users on OS 5.1 to OS 11.
6. What is the permission required for this feature?
Camera permission is needed to use this feature.
7. How can I change my Video Caller ID?
Video Caller ID can be changed by clicking on the Profile icon -> Settings -> Caller ID -> Manage Video Caller ID.
8. Can I upload a video from Gallery?
No, for now video should be recorded from the Truecaller app.
9. How often can I record new videos?
New video can be recorded anytime by clicking on the Profile icon -> Settings -> Caller ID -> Manage Video Caller ID.
10. Are there predefined videos I can use instead of my own video?
Yes, we provide predefined Video Caller IDs which can be used for your Video Caller ID. They can be selected while you are on the recording screen.
11. Why do I not see my friends' Video Caller ID?
When you receive a call from your contact video should be downloaded. Please make sure you have a good internet connection. If the video was not available for the first call, then it will be shown for next upcoming calls.
12. Will my Video Caller ID have a sound?
No, your Video Caller ID will be shown and regular ringtone will be presented.
13. How can I disable my Video Caller ID?
If you do not want to show your Video Caller ID to your contacts anymore, then you can turn it off by clicking on the Profile icon -> Settings -> Caller ID -> Show your Video Caller ID.
14. How to disable incoming Video Caller ID from my contacts?
If you do not want to see Video Caller ID of your contacts, then you can turn it off by clicking on the Profile icon -> Settings -> Caller ID -> Receive Video Caller ID from Contacts.
15. How can I delete my Video Caller ID?
Video Caller ID can be deleted by clicking on the Profile icon -> Settings -> Caller ID -> Manage Video Caller ID -> More -> Delete. You can again set up a new Video Caller ID any time from Settings.
16. What's Video Caller ID for spam calls?
Video Caller ID for spam calls is exactly what it sounds like. If you have Video Caller ID enabled you will see the entire screen flash in red to warn you to pick up the call. An extra layer to help keep you protected from scams and spam.