If you received a notification saying that "someone has viewed your profile", it means that someone has searched for you on Truecaller, either using your number or your name.
- Number search: viewed your public profile using Truecaller.
- Name search: looked for your name in Truecaller. Note: Number, email, and addresses are not visible until you yourself approve their request to view your details.
If you click on the notification or click on "Who viewed my profile" in the navigation area of the app, you’ll be able to see the profile of the person who viewed your profile.
You can always control who views what information on your own profile by going to the 'Privacy Center' in the Settings of your Truecaller app.
How can I get this feature?
- Please upgrade to Premium to enable this feature
How do I turn off these notifications sent to other users when I view their profile?
- Premium users can enable incognito mode by enabling 'Settings -> Privacy Center-> Incognito mode'.
How often do I get these notifications?
- You will receive a notification once at least 3 people have viewed your profile
- We don't send notifications from the same person for 15 days to avoid spamming you
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us, we'll be happy to help.
How to Disable profile view notification?
You can switch the notifications off for "who view my profile" from within the app: Open Truecaller > 3 line menu > Settings > General > Disable profile view notifications.
- Profile views are not shown if a contact in your phonebook has searched for your profile.
- We generate only one view per person even if user views any particular contact multiple times in a day.